Subject: New Binkley version uploaded
From: [email-masked] (Louis Lagendijk)
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce

[ Moderator's note: I posted this once with the wrong subject.  Sorry
  for the inconvenience.  --liw ]

I have just uploaded a new revision of the Unix ort of Binkley, a 
fidonet mailer ported to Unix by Ben Stuyts with a number of Linux 
changes by me. This release should now work on both the Next and Linux.
Compared to the previous release a number of bugs have been fixed:
- Janus works now (Janus is a bi-directional protocol)
- Binkley had some bugs in the termio stuff, so the 4.3.3 library
  caused some problems
- Timing did not work right
- probably a lot more that I can not remeber right now.

Binkley works quite nicely with my port of Rfmail. So If you have
news and mail setup, adding fido capabilities to your    system
is easy. Documentation is not included in the archive, if a lot
of people need it, I'll try to get hold of it. You should try to
get the docs of the Atari-ST version of Binkley, as that was used as 
base for this port.

I uploaded binkley to tsx-11.mit.edu (not to other sites, our ftp
connection is quite (not to say very) slow right now.
Look for binkley at:
tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux/sources/bt302PL10.tar.gz
It should appear there quite soon.

Cheers, Louis